We’ve all know the New Year resolution ‘to-do’ lists are important tools for success. But did you know, so is your ‘to-don’t’ list.
A ‘to-don’t’ list comprises of things you should never do. These lists are often used by millionaires. Lists of your time wasters, bad habits or things you know don’t work for you. Things stopping you being successful and happy.
Perhaps you should create your own? Here are some prompts:
- Don’t ignore my family
- Don’t ignore my budget
- Don’t go shopping when bored or hungry!
- Don’t hang around difficult or toxic people
- Don’t say “yes” to everything
- Don’t stare at a screen every 5 seconds or during family time
- Don’t think about money all the time
- Don’t worry about what others think
- Don’t eat every piece of ‘fun food’ I come across
- Don’t take myself so seriously
- Don’t be jealous of the awesome things people are doing
- Don’t be jealous of people winning the finance game!
- Don’t forget to review my expenses each month
- Don’t forget to dream every now and then
- Don’t get into debt for something stupid
- Don’t forget to write down and constantly review my goals
- And most importantly, don’t forget to grow my investments and not my debts
For those of you who are brave, why not take the extra step of cross checking your to-do list against your to-don’t list.
To-do: 5 star cruise out of Fremantle in 2016.
To-don’t: no holidays on credit card – savings only.